Saturday, November 12, 2011

EPP week 2

Relationship Reflection

     It is fitting that the topic this week is about relationships because I have been reflecting on my relationships lately and this assignment has made me think about the effect my relationships have had on me.  The best part about having relationships for me is that not only do I have the opportunity to learn about the people I love, but through my relationships with those people I learn about myself as well.  
     I have a few key relationships that are so important for me.  I have a sister who I talk to every day and who I cherish as one of my closest friends.  We have shared more tears than I can count but we have shared many more laughs.  And even though our lives are very different from each other, we are a source of support for each other.  Of course my husband is another important relationship in my life.  We were high school sweethearts and have been married for almost twelve years now.  I have learned a lot about myself because of my relationship with my husband.
     I have more relationships with other people and all of them have a different role in my life.  Some are there because of work, some are in my life because of church and some are there because they have to be (you can't choose family).  That being said, I believe that I am surrounded by people who have something to teach if I am willing to learn from them (don't tell my husband).  Even as children we use our relationships with people as practice.  I have watched  three year old best friends fight one minute and hug the next.  Relationships can teach us what to do and also what not to do.
     I have been blessed to have many different kinds of relationships with many different kinds of people.  I hope I continue to appreciate the differences between the relationships I have and I also look forward to new relationships I will have in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cari,

    it was very interesting what you mentioned here that by interacting and building relationship with other people, we will learn about our selves too.It is truly right. The people around us who we choose to be the close friends are actually the reflextion of ourselves.

    Great posting!

    Evita Kartikasari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cari,

    I think it is so important that we all have at least one person we can always count on being there for us. And I agree, regardless of how that person is in our life, we can always learn something from them. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cari,
    I am also married to my high school sweetheart. We will celebrate 24 years in March and like you my husband is also my rock. I have also witnesses preschool best friends argue, I love that children can get over their anger so quickly, a lesson we seem to forget as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a very close relationship with my sister. She is my twin and we are both born 19 years apart. This relationship is close to me because I know that she is one of the reasons I am so calm and able to bring that love I have for my sister to the children I meet because some of them may never feel or see that type of relationship. Great subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cari,

    You are so true we do learn about ourselves from relationships with other people. It is funny how easy we can adapt to situations without realizing it. My husband is also a great support to me also. I could not imagine a day without him. I guess he has grown on me in 22 years. Thanks for sharing your relationships.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete